You’ve caught your trout, so now it’s time to cook it! Here are some recipes that will do justice to your catch, considering all the effort you spent fishing.Some may be squeamish about the idea of cooking a trout whole, but I think it’s the perfect way to showcase it. What can be more natural and rustic after all?
It also beats having to do the hard work of filleting, don’t you think?
This recipe comes from Jamie Oliver, who embodies the kind of cooking I stand for – simplicity and emphasis on fresh, premium ingredients.
The ingredients of this particular recipe include:
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh Flat-leaf parsley
1 lemon, sliced and zested
1 lemon halves
1. Clean and gut your catch
2. Make slashes on both sides
3. Rub with olive oil, salt, and pepper
4. Stuff the cavities of the fish with parsley and lemon slices for a fresh aroma
5. Place on a baking tray
6. Sprinkle with the zest of lemon
7. Place lemon halves beside the fish
8. Top the fish with a pad of butter
9. Grill on both sides
10. Serve with the juice of the roasted lemon halves
I learned this trick of juicing roasted lemons from Jamie Oliver way back and I must say that the flavors you get are much more emphasized because of the roasting. I also do this roasted lemon trick for a lot of other recipes, like aoili.
What’s your favorite whole trout recipe? Share with me below!
Do you like eating fish whole or filleted?